View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 01:20 PM   #70
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Even better would be a merge that tells me what the result will look like before it does it, showing me which formats and metadata end up where, and what (if anything) will be deleted.
That's a good point that I hadn't brought up on this thread, and since we have diverged a little with discussing automerge we may as well also touch on merge as well. Finding the duplicates is just the first step in the users process. Resolving the merges as Charles has said is another area that could have some TLC wrapped around it.

For instance, I would like to make it a little easier to handle the whole issue of things like:
Book 1 has EPUB, MOBI
Book 2 has EPUB, PDF
Now Book 1 might be your "master" record that you prefer the metadata on. But book 2 has a better EPUB. But you need to open both the EPUB for book 1 and book 2 to even find that out. Then delete the format of EPUB from book 1, then do a merge of Book 2 into book 1. And that is all after you have run the cursor up and down between the books to even see which formats overlap.

I'm sure there must be a nicer way to help reduce the steps involved in that with a nice merge gui...
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote