View Single Post
Old 04-15-2011, 09:52 AM   #61
Starson17
Wizard
Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Starson17 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: WinMo: IPAQ; Android: HTC HD2, Archos 7o; Java:Gravity T
Just a short note to say I finally had time to run against my full library (16K books). It's great, and definitely should go into the trunk when it's done.

It makes me wonder if automerge should be changed or coordinated with Find Duplicates when it's available to all:

1) Perhaps remove it from "Copy to Library" or make it optional. I was always a bit leery of including it there. It's one thing to automerge new entries for the Calibre Library, but it's different to automerge entries that are already in one library and are merely being copied into another library. I keep worrying that I'll get a post asking why the new library only has 99 new entries when 100 were selected and copied. I was partly swayed into adding it because it provided a way to do automatic duplicate detection on existing entries.

2) Perhaps mirror the multiple "fuzzy match" options in Find Duplicates into automerge.

3) Remove it entirely? Keep Kovid's original warning about duplicate titles, and offer to run Find Duplicates if duplicates are added. The user can always Merge those he wants, or mark them as not duplicates.

Any thoughts?

Personally, I think I need to do more playing with Find Duplicates, but what I've seen on my real data is great!
Starson17 is offline   Reply With Quote