View Single Post
Old 07-05-2010, 09:51 AM   #4
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Thanks for both of your replies.

I had already tried restarting the Kindle for PC app, but that didn't help (I also did the same with the Mobi Pocket app, with the same result).

However, Dwanthny, you made a good point about scrolling back one page to see the cover. In one of the books I was experimenting with, I could still see the old cover when I loaded the book. But when I went to the menu and chose "Cover", I could see the new one. Then, when I stepped forward one page, I could see the old one again.

So, in this particular book, it looks like the original image wasn't the cover after all; it was just an ordinary page at the front of the book. (But when I transferred the book to my Kindle, and chose to view the cover from the menu, I still couldn't see my new image.)

It's all very puzzling. I wish I knew more about how the cover and other metadata is stored, Meantime, I'll keep experimenting.
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote