Thread: MobileRead July 2010 Book Club Nominations
View Single Post
Old 06-22-2010, 10:55 PM   #32
Rich_D
Fanatic
Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Kobo Glo HD, nook ST with Glo (backup)
Quote:
Originally Posted by voodooblues View Post
As my first nomination I would like to nominate a fun fantasy book by Terry Brooks:
Magic Kingdom for Sale - Sold!

The advertisement for a fantasy kingdom in a Christmas catalog catches the eye of Ben Holiday, who was recently widowed and dissatisfied with his life; he finds a make-believe world of medieval splendor appealing. But when he arrives in the alternate world of Landover, all is not fun and jousting. Dangers abound, and his actions have a life-and-death reality. The castle is a rusted heap, its army disbanded, and the entire kingdom decayed from the loss of magic. Only a ragtag handful of retainers remain in the castle to serve the new king. Even worse, the feudal lords are in revolt, a dragon ravages the land, and the first pretty girl Ben meets turns into a tree. A demon lord has pledged to kill any king, and the ghostly knight intended to protect the throne is an empty pile of armor. Ben tackles things head on and finds the strength to conquer problems both mundane and supernatural.
I'll Second this. Terry Brooks is one of my favorite authors!
Rich_D is offline   Reply With Quote