View Single Post
Old 01-14-2016, 10:24 PM   #41
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan46 View Post
I also think it is a huge mistake for Amazon not to offer monthly payments on Prime for customers in good credit standing, like they offer with buying Amazon products on payment plans--they have suckered me into to doing that a few times Sometimes it is easier to justify $8 a month rather than $99 all at once. A few people might abuse the monthly payment option, but most would probably just put it in their budget and forget it like I do with Netflix.
They could get around a lot of abuse by making it where you can't actually cancel early, and if you try you get charged the remaining amount for the year. (Sort of like an early termination fee on cell phones.) Or simply require a credit card to sign up and a minimum subscription period of however long they feel is cost effective. (I'd suggest six months minimum.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJJohnson View Post
If you live full-time on the road, often where only a small town is reasonably close, Amazon becomes your Sears-on-the-Plains, and free 2-day shipping becomes more reasonable...
It's handy all around for me, I often can find stuff on Amazon cheaper than I can get locally (even if you define local as including the big city an hour away). I can wait two days for stuff to save a couple of bucks, and over a year I save more than $100 easy.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote