View Single Post
Old 08-27-2014, 07:57 AM   #126
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ripplinger View Post
I've installed the Kobo Start Menu 4.0 and the 4.0a update, let KOReader do the nightly update, but I'm still getting numerous lockups constantly, as soon as pressing the first option in the starting menu, sometimes after a few minutes still in menus and options, sometimes after trying to create a highlight or turn a page... it just all stops until I reset it with a paperclip.

So how do I go about uninstalling it all, at least the Kobo Start Menu and KOReader?

Cool Reader and that menu seems to work pretty well. The only annoyance I've run into is that when in sleep mode, it changes to random images for the sleep cover instead of the cover of the book. And the info bar while reading seems to be only available at the top, it can't be moved to the bottom. But it's never crashed or stalled or stopped at all, so I wouldn't mind keeping that for an option.

It seems like a great reader though, but when I spend more time poking the reader with a paperclip than actually reading...
The Start Menu downloads include a folder with an uninstall KoboRoot.tgz that will undo the changes that the start menu makes. You may need to reinstall some of the Kobo Patches if you were using those. (One that you should have removed before installing the Start Menu is Giorgio's Multitouch320 - it is incompatable with the Start Menu and may have been the cause of some of the problems you had.)

For Koreader all you need do is remove the Koreader folder. You might also remove the fmon folder since you would not likely be using it, with both the Start Menu and Koreader gone.

Too bad you couldn't get them working on your Glo, as they are working great on my AuraHD and others are using them without the problems you (and a couple of other posters) , have encountered.

Luck;
Ken
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote