View Single Post
Old 08-27-2014, 04:39 AM   #125
Ripplinger
350 Hoarder
Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ripplinger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-350, Kobo Glo & Glo HD, PW2
I've installed the Kobo Start Menu 4.0 and the 4.0a update, let KOReader do the nightly update, but I'm still getting numerous lockups constantly, as soon as pressing the first option in the starting menu, sometimes after a few minutes still in menus and options, sometimes after trying to create a highlight or turn a page... it just all stops until I reset it with a paperclip.

So how do I go about uninstalling it all, at least the Kobo Start Menu and KOReader?

Cool Reader and that menu seems to work pretty well. The only annoyance I've run into is that when in sleep mode, it changes to random images for the sleep cover instead of the cover of the book. And the info bar while reading seems to be only available at the top, it can't be moved to the bottom. But it's never crashed or stalled or stopped at all, so I wouldn't mind keeping that for an option.

It seems like a great reader though, but when I spend more time poking the reader with a paperclip than actually reading...
Ripplinger is offline   Reply With Quote