View Single Post
Old 08-27-2014, 12:06 AM   #124
Ken Maltby
Wizard
Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ken Maltby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note2, AuraHD, PDA,
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearymore View Post
I've followed your instructions to install KOReader and it works perfectly except for one glitch -- my sd card disappears from the Kobo library, although it is present in KOReader. This is a problem in that I installed KOReader to read pdf's, but I prefer the native Kobo reader for kepubs and sideloaded kepub.epub's from Calibre. As it happens, I store those and downloaded pdf's on the sd card. If I go into KOReader and open a pdf from the sdcard and then exit, the books from my sd card no longer appear in the native software. If I go back to KOReader, the sdcard still appears. To get it to reappear in the Kobo library, I have to reboot. Is this a common problem and is there a workaround? I'm using firmware 3.5.0

Thanks.
The Kobo software is very dependent on its Database and has to process the files into that database for it to find them. You may want to just have PDFs on the external SD card, since you won't be using Nickel on them. You can put them in a hidden folder, caliber can send to a folder, even a hidden folder. By doing that they are not processed by Nickel.

The recent Kobo FW was reported to correct the different way Kobo's software treated the to cards, but you might want to keep the ebooks you want to read in Nickel, on the internal card (the device Main drive, in calibre). I am sure someone using calibre and their Kobo device the way you do, could provide a better reply. You could check out the Caliber Forum and the Kobo Developer's corner.

Luck;
Ken

Last edited by Ken Maltby; 08-27-2014 at 12:09 AM.
Ken Maltby is offline   Reply With Quote