View Single Post
Old 09-26-2008, 09:12 AM   #8
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparrow View Post
I wonder if it's the teachers, rather than the books, who are the problem.
Yes, agreed. I had a horrible chemistry teacher in high school--put me off chemistry until well into my adulthood, when for reasons that I can't recall now, I decided to take a chemistry class at a community college. I was fascinated by it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falbe Publishing View Post
To answer your question about helping with an ebook project, I can suggest distributed proofreaders.
Thanks for the suggestion! I signed up yesterday, read the guidelines, and then proofed a couple of beginner pages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
If you mean contributing a Public Domain book, on that you've assembled yourself, and making it available on MobileRead then just find a book that someone has not done. Myself, Harry, Madam Broshkina, Patricia and others can offer a mix of advice for that.

Thanks,
Don
Don, Thanks for info. Originally I did mean contributing, but the distributed proofreading is more my speed for now. I hope I'll be back to take up your offer of advice before too long.

Regards,
R.L.
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote