View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 11:50 AM   #19
SCION
Séduisant
SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SCION ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Note Air2+; Kobo Libra2; Kindle Scribe, Oasis3; iPad Mini6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabby View Post
I don't use Collections since I rarely have more than ten books loaded at any one time. However, if the Kindle for Android app, which was meant for phones, is the ereader on the Fire, that is a deal breaker.

The Kindle for Android offers no choice of line spacing, margins or font face and the defaults stink. The only options are; 5 font sizes, background color (white, black or sepia) and brightness.

Now, if Amazon got buggins to add mobi DRM to Cool Reader (keeping epub), then you would have something. Fat chance!

Regards - John

I was expecting a modified Kindle for Android app on the Fire, with much more features as you mentioned. The NOOKcolor's stock reader app is not as good as their Android app, but it has more formatting options than the Kindle app. I haven't seen any videos of the Fire's reading app. If it is just the Kindle app, then it's a major disappointment. I use the app on my tablet, and although the home screen and in-app store front is very nice, the reading features have not been improved. Margin options are long over due. The amount of white space around text is ridiculous on a large screen tablet.

Last edited by SCION; 10-07-2011 at 11:55 AM.
SCION is offline   Reply With Quote