View Single Post
Old 10-12-2009, 10:07 PM   #4
acprinter
Groupie
acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.acprinter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 11th generation
I don't really agree with Steve Jordan's comments. I am a fine-art photographer, it is necessary to know the artists who came before you and learn from them, but I should never stand upon there shoulders when making my own images. When I began photography gallery owners would say "your work looks like Edward Weston". That was not a compliment, today they say my work looks like mine and mine only.

When an artist (writer, painter, photographer, musician) dies let there work stand on a pedestal on its own for us all to appreciate. No other artist can do justice to their books, art or music.

That's my opinion for what it's worth.
acprinter is offline   Reply With Quote