View Single Post
Old 05-07-2009, 06:35 PM   #11
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonist View Post
I would agree, except that it's not all that different than what how the Kindle works. Plus, there are many ways to bypass iTunes, if you don't like it, and I don't see how it would be different for ebooks.
That's one of the reasons the Kindle's not under consideration if/when I do buy an e-ink reader. PRS-505 + Calibre would probably be it for me. True, there are now many ways to bypass iTunes but there would still be lag from when the device is released and when you can actually use it without iTunes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonist View Post
If Apple enters the field, it would be a good thing: more competition. The you can chose to get an Apple device, or something else.
That'll probably be the only thing worth looking forward to. Unfortunately, the market for ebook readers is likely much smaller than the market for phones (even smartphones). Right now, it's Amazon Kindle vs everyone. If it turns into an Apple vs Amazon match up with all the other players gone, that's a huge loss.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote