View Single Post
Old 04-12-2014, 09:43 AM   #206
mightyzazz
Enthusiast
mightyzazz began at the beginning.

Device: kobo vox
Hi Guys. First off, a big thankyou to you all for your help so far. I followed your advice and it has worked up to a point. The rooted zip has installed, but I have stuffed up somewhere on the partitioning side. I know this because I have successfully put in my 16GB Sandisk card and did a factory restart and now have a brand new looking kobo vox with the superuser app on the apps page, which opens. However, the settings shows that the internal SD card has no memory, and I cannot download apps onto the kobo. I have put the old one back in and everything works fine. What would be the best way (commands)to get the necessary information on the terminal screen to post so you can see which bit I have gotten wrong? At this point:-

Enter "n" to create a new partition. Enter "e" to create an extended partition. Then enter partition number 3. Hit enter to select the default first sector and type "+4G" (for four gigabytes) for the last sector. ,did I do the right thing in typing +4G immediately after the default sector line and then hit return to get to the last sector? A line or two after that, I got an out of range message. I know I am nearly at the end of this, and can't believe I have even gotten this far.

Cheers,

Roberto.
mightyzazz is offline   Reply With Quote