View Single Post
Old 06-08-2013, 09:54 AM   #24
Notjohn
mostly an observer
Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Notjohn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
What is the problem with using Kindlegen that makes sending the ePub to Amazon to convert better?
Oh, absolutely none! I'm sure it comes out the same in the end. But I am a belts-plus-suspenders formatter. The usual routine is to drag the epub onto Kindle Previewer to convert it, then examine the result in the Kindle, Fire, and other emulators, then upload the converted book file to the KDP. I fear the possibility that something could go wrong in the upload, and also I have a perhaps pathetic hope that the KDP boffins have a more sophisticated or powerful Meatgrinder on their end than I do with my downloaded Kindle Previewer (or Kindlegen, which I believe is much the same).

Hitch assures me that I am far too nervous, but that workflow (epub to KDP to downloaded *.mobi file to Kindle Previewer) has worked well for me.
Notjohn is offline   Reply With Quote