View Single Post
Old 04-15-2013, 07:34 PM   #24468
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
They say don't go on Wolverton Mountain if you're looking for a wife
Cause Clifton Clowers has a pretty young daughter
He's mighty handy with a gun and a knife
Her tender lips are sweeter than honey and Wolverton Mountain protects her there
The bears and the birds tell Clifton Clowers if a stranger should enter there
All of my dreams are on Wolverton Mountain I want his daughter for my wife
I'll take my chances and climb that mountain
Though Clifton Clowers he might take my life
Her tender lips are sweeter than honey...
The bears and the birds tell Clifton Clowers if a stranger should wander there

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLoQS0GnhWk )

A wonderful song from the days of my first year in High School!

Good morning, everyone! A bright, beautiful Spring day, just right for doing anything.... except going to the dentist. Bah humbug. It's too bad it's not raining. That would fit. Oh well, gotta make the best of it so I'll have a cup of unbranded Keemun tea, a small bowl hummus with celery sticks, then go off for a long walk! Maybe I can get lost and then have an excuse not to go to the dentist this afternoon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
So, Stitchawl, are you going to ship your bike?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
pretty sure he's selling it
Gonna sell it. Import duties would be way too prohibitive to ship it, and what's more, it's the wrong style of bike for northern Thailand.

My bike is what is called a 'cruiser.' It's made for long comfortable rides on good roads. Think "mid-sized BMW car" style. Smooth comfort. In Thailand, a lot of the roads we'll ride will be unimproved, either gravel, dirt, or jungle trail. Of course there are plenty of city streets too, but for long day trips we need bikes that can handle more variety of terrain. For that, we need a bike that is more like a 4-wheel drive Land Rover or Jeep. Rugged, able to handle stream crossings, narrow wooden bridges, and very narrow back streets. We'll pick up something once we're there.

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote