View Single Post
Old 03-03-2013, 10:02 PM   #40
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewH View Post
Guy Gavriel Kay's works are excellent (except Ysabel), one of the best fantasy writers in my opinion. However, I wouldn't say his novels are epic fantasy. Historical fantasy would probably be a better categorization. Wonderful books, nevertheless (except Ysabel). Tigana and A Song for Arbonne are probably my favourites, followed closely by Last Light of the Sun and Under Heaven.
I tend to agree with this. I loved Tigana, but I wouldn't have called it epic fantasy for some reason. I tend to think of it as literary, but historical is possibly better. I haven't read any of his others to know how well they would fit.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote