View Single Post
Old 01-19-2013, 06:38 PM   #174
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I think the compact smooshes the letters to close together. I like the regular font better.

I just add a little more weight to it. I don't remember but my usually setting is 10/15 on the glyph transformer using the Bold script. It's now my main font for reading in the dark.

I can send you the copy if you like to take a look at it.

Got it! Font Creator Pro has an auto feature for metrics.
I used 1650/-400 for line space squashing. I suggest playing with those numbers until you see a line spacing you personally like. I'd be interested to see your numbers when you do find ones you like.

Yes, please I'd like to see your modified Charis SIL. You can pop it up to a place like MediaFire or Dropbox and I'll grab from there. Thank you.

I made a new modified compact font using 8/9 for the auto-transform and this time I did not transform the bold or bold italic versions. Just renamed (internally) and respaced.

Did you transform the bold & bold italic or just the regular and italic? Did you use preserve side bearings.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote