View Single Post
Old 12-22-2012, 04:01 PM   #4
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
I got quite hopeful for a moment when I read xuyn2003's OP.

I have been successfully using variations on this theme for several years on my Sonys and PocketBook. When I first got the Kobo Glo I tried every 'magic path' I could think of to access external fonts in /fonts to display monospace and small-caps fonts for the few of my epubs which need them. (BTW the Kobo is the first reader I've owned which doesn't contain a monospace font. It must be difficult to read programming manuals without one.)

I'm pretty sure I tried both res:///mnt/onboard/fonts/xxx.ttf and res:///fonts/xxx.ttf but had no success whatsoever on fw2.1.5. In the end, the only way I could successfully use the special fonts was by embedding them in the epub when necessary. I've just retested with res:///fonts/xxx.ttf, but still no joy.

Given the problems I'm reading about fw 2.3.1 I've decided to stick with fw 2.1.5 for the time being, but if this unofficial v2.2 really works I'd be quite tempted to try it.

Has anyone else had success accessing the Kobo font directory from within an epub's css file?
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote