View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 12:07 PM   #26
JohnTRN
Enthusiast
JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JohnTRN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Isn't this implication that someone in their 70s is an idiot a little offensive? She's just as capable of reading the Kindle User Guide as anyone else, surely?
I was kind of thinking along the lines of people like my 78 year old mother who don't WANT to learn tech. She's using her KB3 and now my dad's iPad, has no interest in anything approaching the inner workings and absolutely no desire to learn to do something like texting with her phone. She's no idiot, heck, I still ask her opinion on things. She just has no interest in learning tech.

To the OP, after owning a KB3, a K4 and now a K4NT . . . one of the readers with the keys (KB3 or K4NT) might be a better option. I often bumped the screen of the K4 when I didnt' mean to. I could get back to where I was easily enough, but might be frustrating to the older/non-tech reader. You know, the KISS Principle - Keep It Simple Stupid.

John

Doh, read on down and found,
Quote:
Decision is made, the only reader for her will be the basic Kindle in black.
. Should be a good choice. Hope she enjoys it!

Last edited by JohnTRN; 11-25-2012 at 12:10 PM.
JohnTRN is offline   Reply With Quote