Thread: JBPatch
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2012, 08:37 AM   #246
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
No. Same policy. Messages about ad removal are currently permitted and won't be deleted.

Ths "...disapproves of and does not condone.." wording has been used in mod comments on such posts since the beginning of the year.
Somehow I missed (or did not notice) the "disapproves of" before. If you look up the definition of "disapprove" you can see that "disallow" (i.e. "forbid") is a synonym, and that was my concern. To me "permitted" and "disapproved" (disallowed/forbidden), are in definitive conflict.

Thank you very much for clearing this up with the "currently permitted" comment. We already know that this is a moral decision that we do not encourage. However, we no longer discourage like we did in the past, due to amazon's recent treatment of new firmware that actively seeks out and damages some of our "unauthorized" enhancements (or just bricks the kindle during an update).

Last edited by geekmaster; 07-01-2012 at 08:53 AM.
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote