Thread: Kindle & RAR
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 09:02 AM   #5
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver18 View Post
Well, I'm trying to support CBZs and CBRs files for my ImageGallery.
CBZs are easy: I can rename to zip then unzip and everything is fine...
CBRs could be renamed to rar, but then I don't know what to do...

I need only unrar, but I really can't understand Debian, ARMv7 and so on...(Kindle is my first non-windows experience!)
Jumping into the deep end of the pool is one way of learning to swim.
Plus, there is a nice guide to de-bricking your KT available for when things go wrong.

I am a non-Windows user myself, I wouldn't admit I have a windows license in public, even if I did.
So I can't help you with directions on how to do this under Win-Anything.

Now if you happened to have a "Linux LiveCD" handy, of the type that lets you save your work (or to write to your windows file system)...

Read this:
https://www.linux.com/learn/tutorial...linux-live-cds

And then pick their #1 choice to burn to CD, take two asprin, call me when done.

Last edited by knc1; 06-09-2012 at 09:11 AM.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote