View Single Post
Old 04-23-2012, 08:39 PM   #5
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by markkalina View Post
Transhumanist means relating to Transhumanism, which in turn is a philosophy of using technology to fundamentally change the human condition.
Thanks.
Quote:
There are a couple of common ways of pronouncing "hegemony." In English, people tend to say "hedge-e-mony." The original Greek would sound more like "Heg-e-mony."
Sorry, I didn't make my emphasis clear. How do YOU pronounce it? I personally say "heh JEM in ee" But I like to know how the author meant it to sound. It's a word that often irks me.
ApK is online now   Reply With Quote