Thread: Touch Excessive Battery Use?
View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 07:43 AM   #40
RAH
Guru
RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RAH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Color Nook; Nook Touch
Sorry I didn't notice that this thread had some recent entries. Betty, if I were you I'd return my new Nook to B&N right away and get a new one, before your 14 days is up.

It is hard to tell why your new Nook right from the store had almost no charge. I've had 4 - a Classic, a Color, and the 2 Touches (the 2nd replacing the first), and in each case they were pretty highly charged when I first got them. Regardless, your Nook seems to be exhibiting the same symptoms I've been reporting (or even worse problems like azazel is having).

In a way, you're lucky the problems are showing up so early, when you can do something about it (i.e. exchange it for a new one). If you wait, yes, your warrantee will cover you, but you'll then have to MAIL the damn Nook back to B&N (they won't take it at the store - I've been all thru this myself), and you'll get a refurbished Nook, not a new one.

I'm sure they'll do the exchange at the store, as long as it is within the 14 day period.
RAH is offline   Reply With Quote