View Single Post
Old 09-17-2010, 07:45 AM   #1
La Nuestra
La Nuestra began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Question Paragraphs between Pages and Calibre

Hi, it's my first thread as i'm very new to this thing of ebooks. Recently discovered all the technologies, because as a designer I need to create ePubs for my customers.

Thankfully (or not, yet to discover) Im using Mac, and Apple, has recently released a patch for Pages to export ePub, wich for the moment forks fine, except for one thing. If I put the cover in pages, some other images in the book will dissapear. Something's wrong with the software to be arranged.

So I'm in need of adding the cover in Calibre for example, wich looks quite powerful for enhancing ePubs. But the problem is when I export an ePub from Pages, paragraphs are as I designed them, with one empty line between each one, BUT if i procces it in calibre to add the cover and other relevant meta-data (editor, tags, etc), then the new ePub i get has a nice cover but suddenly three or more lines of space between paragraphs, wich in iPad is not a problem (it will not pay attention to those new spaces, dunno why), but other readers, and Calibre itself will show those extra spaces. And it's not beautiful at all.

I'm fighting against time to give my customers the final ePub with a cover and normal paragraph space, hope anyone could help me. Any idea? I checked the button in clibre export options to remove space between paragraphs, but no result...

Thanks in advance.
La Nuestra is offline   Reply With Quote