View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 05:34 PM   #148
JxK
Enthusiast
JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JxK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, NC CM 7.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovieBird View Post
Aye, I finally was able to check one out in person. My local BN closed about a month ago, but I found a new one only 30 miles away! Good thing I do the e thing...

Anyways, I compared the GlowNook to the normal ST, and my 650. I could not tell any difference in contrast unless I physically put a nonGlow on top of the Glow screen. Then, the only place I noticed a slight loss was in the fat black bar at the top. The font looked the same to me; probably because of how thin it was.

I also was very impressed with the light. It appeared even to me, more so than the pictures would have you believe. Because I was looking for it, I noticed the gradient at the top, but it's so slight as to be a non-issue for me.

Both were issues I had reservations about, but after seeing a GlowNook in person, I'm ordering one and passing off the 650. Thus far I've resisted any corporate ecosystem, but I guess I'll just bite the bullet and stick with BN now.
Just remove any DRM upon purchase. That way you can keep the advantages of easy online purchasing without being locked into a particular ecosystem. Plus, at least in my opinion, it is the only logical method to properly backup your library.
JxK is offline   Reply With Quote