View Single Post
Old 04-25-2012, 04:21 PM   #143
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
I would be interested in battery time if the light is on. I use the Kindle Fire to read in bed, white letters on a black background. But the battery isn't great. While I don't think anything is as readable as white letters on a black background, it would be nice to have around. I assume it can read DRM free epub, so that would be another advantage, although with Calibre, not terribly important.
My Nook STR can read any standard ePub file (i.e., no enhanced books: it can't render video). I have DRMed books from everyone from Sony to Google Play as well as non-DRMed books from MobileRead to DelphiClassics. I keep the "complete works" from Delphi on the SD card because the files are large. For example, Charles Dickens' complete works is about 120 MB. I have 10 or 11 sets of Delphi complete works worth almost 0.4GB. The Nook recognizes them on the SD card and puts them in my Library. If you put them in a collection they will be gone the next time you sync the Nook. The Delphi nested TOCs work fine and everything else just works.
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote