View Single Post
Old 11-06-2010, 09:55 AM   #55
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
***It is because this poll has zero value in determining which eBook readers have been selling in what quantities***

Of course you're right, MurrayPaul. I'm not trying, though, to get an idea of over-all sales figures here (and they're not available) or the feeling of the 'general public' (also not available).

What this poll may show -- if a significant number join in -- is what devices are favoured by those who have at least a nodding acquaintance with ebook-dedicated reading devices and who investigated beyond the popular hype before pulling the trigger -- perhaps many who chose their device on the basis of advice offered her in the 'Which One Should I Buy?' forum at MR from experienced users or those who have already had experience of a range of devices.

Quite honestly, I can't undertstand the negative comment on this poll. I thought long and hard (and took a little moderator advice) before posting it because I genuinely felt it might be of value in assessing the choice of 'informed' buyers (MR members) over the course of the year. My apologies if I'm wrong. So far, though, it seems to be coming up with interesting trends you will not find shown anywhere else.

TGS: I'm sorry about any problem with registering multiple device-buys. I did opt in the poll for 'multiple-choice' but cannot test it because I have not bought a new reader this year and am, thus, not qualified to join the poll myself.

Best wishes everyone, and thanks for a fascinating and unique look at the choices ebook-aware people are making. The more who join us, the more significant the result will be. Slainte. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote