View Single Post
Old 08-25-2017, 07:41 AM   #2817
Name28
Enthusiast
Name28 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo_glo, Kobo_glo_HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzie View Post
1. By default KSM alternates in case something goes wrong. You can make KSM the default in "tools" > "activate" > "set runmenu settings.msh" > "always"
Thanks for response. I do not know why, but it does not work. I pushed "always" and nothing happens. I mean, even after powering off, and turn the device on, it still alternates. Anyway, I did it manually on "runsettings.txt"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Maltby View Post
Your #3 is how I have mine set. You the "Auto select" option in KSM. You can set the delay before the autoselection, as well. (You want a delay in case you want to break into the startup process, for some reason.)

In /.adds/kbmenu/usersettings.txt I have:

## auto select
ksmAutoselectafter=5
ksmAutoselectoption=start_koreader
## you can autoselect any entry of the ksm home screen (except "reboot" and "power_off"
## examples:
# ksmAutoselectoption=start_koreader

The ## lines are comments, the other two are the settings.

Luck;
Ken
Thank you so much! There is no "usersettings.txt" file in there, instead I modified "runsettings.txt" on the same location. I added "runmenu=always" for disabling alternation and it works.
But it seems that "ksmAutoselectafter=5" and “ksmAutoselectoption=start_koreader" do not work. Koreader does not auto start, instead in 20sec nickel loads. Could you help?

Last edited by Name28; 08-25-2017 at 09:00 PM. Reason: typo (runsettings.txt)
Name28 is offline   Reply With Quote