Thread: Glo Glo Battery Problems
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 08:22 PM   #311
Rev. Bob
Wizard
Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rev. Bob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, iPad mini 3, Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeSee View Post
well, I'm not 100% sure that the sleepcover setting being on or off made any difference... In that particular test with my "good" Glo, the inside pocket on the sleep cover may not have touched the screen. I didn't go back and re-test with the sleepcover setting off.

The only thing I'm completely sure of (at least in my case) is that the battery drain happens when the Glo is asleep and in the case with the cover closed. Take the Glo out of the case and let it sleep face up with nothing on the screen and there's no drain. I tested on the 3 separate Glo's and that was consistent.
It's possible that "pocket touching screen" is a red herring. What if the pocket's added just enough thickness to the cover that the magnets are making spotty contact, thus triggering a "sleep/wake" drain in the same way that a weak cell signal triggers a "searching" drain?

One way to test that should be to take the "sleep cover" out of the equation, but put something like a cleaning cloth on the screen once the device is asleep. That means there's definitely something touching the screen, definitely no magnet-induced sleep/wake factor, and thus the two possible variables are split up. A drain in that context decisively points to the screen; no drain would call for testing with a pocketless sleep cover (or magnets to simulate one).

Has anyone compared notes on their sleep covers' brand names?
Rev. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote