View Single Post
Old 01-24-2009, 07:47 AM   #74
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PKFFW View Post
Hey Zelda,

I've seen the highlighted word used alot around these forums. Could you please enlighten me as to its meaning?

Cheers,
PKFFW
hey PKFFW, liseuse is a generic name for "e-reading device". it's a french word which started to be used here when we had a discussion about what could be a good generic name for devices. (i think that in the long run, e-reader will win out, but currently it's problematic because it's the name of an ebook format which is ironically not compatible with any device available that i know of, and new people are always buying that format by mistake and being frustrated they can't do anything with it). it's a nicer word than "device" which has certain coldly technical undertones, plus it's not specific to reading. we're trying to start a world-wide movement : "liseuse" ftw ! hope that answers your question. we now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dylrob View Post
And then there's the issue in that, if you're a klutz like me, the reader will wind up in a wall some six feet away.
and then there is that issue, yes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
Reading books in bed can become (literally) a pain. Turning around every time you want to read the other page, turning on your back again, so you can hold the book with two hands again, turning to your side as reading on your back is too cold, rinse and repeat...
...trying to find a way to get the light on the page you are reading, when it is being blocked by the upper half of the book (if you don't want to turn on the other side)... trying to find a way to prop up the book when it is heavy without getting wrist strain... trying to pry the book open wide enough to be able to read the words closest to the binding, where the page curves and there is always that extra shadow, but preferably without breaking the spine... yep, exactly. all excellent reasons to opt for ebooks instead !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote