View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 12:54 PM   #5
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebase View Post
Have I missed something? Haven't been on the board in awhile, but with the trial ending, I thought I'd come listen to the exact same opinions everybody had before the trial

Only I don't see any such discussion?

My bet -- Apple wins. Apple didn't have to deny a conspiracy, only that they were not part of any such. Agency pricing and Most Favored Nation status are legal ways of doing business...and Apple has shown that they were pursuing their own good business with their actions.

Meanwhile the Government's "smoking gun" was an email that was NEVER SENT -- lol!

I know...nothing about this trial is going to change anyone's opinion. Well, perhaps we can all do away with the "Amazon wasn't selling books below cost" garbage, because the trial has showed they were.

I think the government could have had a more successful case going after Amazon for predatory pricing.
Did anyone ever say that "Amazon wasn't selling books below cost"? I don't remember reading or hearing that. Amazon was absolutely selling some books below cost. The "garbage" that I heard about Amazon was that they were losing money on their ebook business, and I don't believe that was ever proven. In fact, I thought I remembered that it was actually disproven, but I don't have that cite handy, and I don't feel like looking it up now. If the government goes after Amazon for predatory pricing for selling ebooks below cost, it will have to also go after Barnes and Noble--walk into any B&N today, and you will see many many hardcover books on sale for less than B&N paid for them. They're called loss leaders, and most stores will do this--price one product below cost to get you in the door and hopefully sell you things that they do make money on.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote