View Single Post
Old 06-06-2010, 01:41 PM   #32
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
He doesn't care much for philosophy. After reading in Berkeley that people food only exists so long as there is a mind to perceive it, he barked, "I refute it THUS!" and jumped up on the table and stole my steak.

This morning I downloaded a copy of On Benefits from Project Gutenberg, along with one I didn't see on your list, Apocolocyntosis. It was the only Seneca they had, surprisingly. I'll get started on his On Benefits and we can have a discussion.
Cool

Strangely enough, there seem to be more ressources in French for Seneca. I found "on the shortness of life" for free and several other books for 2-3 euros. But as I said, for this kind of writing I believe notes are really useful, and I don't think any of those cheap or free versions have them. But the free one includes the original Latin text. Not very useful for me though.

But tonight, rather than reading, I think I will watch another episode of The Origins of Christianity. I love that series
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote