View Single Post
Old 08-30-2007, 10:43 AM   #1
Ylurien
Ylurien began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500
Reading japanese on the PRS-500

Hello all,

This is my first post to the forum - it`s good to be here! I`ve been lurking for a few days now, reading all about people`s opinions on the PRS-500. I heard enough positive things about it to finally get my own and now that I have it, I want to do more more more!

What I really want to do now is get japanese web pages and text into the reader for reading on the train to and from work every day. I have read a lot about it on the forums, and there seems to be two ways to do this:

1. I could flash the device and install the fonts in the reader that way.
2. I could create a PDF with text copied from the web and embed the fonts into the PDF itself.

Now please bear in mind that I am pretty much a newbie to flashing such devices (I`ve only ever flashed my BIOS) and working with PDFs. Either of the above solutions sounds fine to me, but #2 sounds like less work and less chance of doing something nasty to my PRS-500.

So if anyone could offer a little advice as to which method they feel is preferable, and more importantly, how EXACTLY to get the japanese text into a readable file on my PRS-500, I would be extremely grateful.

Thanks everyone!
Ylurien is offline   Reply With Quote