Thread: Touch .kepub.epub
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2013, 09:22 PM   #227
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobC View Post
I had decided to do a factory reset on the Kobo as I was coming to the conclusion that the problem was at that end. Before I did that though I was able to duplicate the problem without using Calibre. I used SQLite to access the database on the Kobo and then compacted the database. When it came to save the database the problem occurred - i.e the drive on the Kobo became invisible to my O.S. This now confirms my suspicion that the problem is at the Kobo end rather than the Windows/Calibre end.
With this and tshering's comment about issues copying large files, that might be what is happening. The database on my Glo tends to be about 15MB for about 500 books. That isn't very big, but it is the biggest file that commonly gets written to the device. Maybe it is just big enough to trigger whatever the problem is.
Quote:
I'll do a factory reset then update directly to 2.50 and see what happens.
Good luck.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote