View Single Post
Old 11-13-2012, 06:31 AM   #122
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by murraypaul View Post
I certainly do not assume that most programs will be written to target just the Windows RT API. ('Metro' apps). And I certainly think that the vast majority of existing programs (which is where Microsoft have the huge advantage over other OSs) will not be completely rewritten to use the WinRT APIs.
Unless the Windows RT tablets carve out a profitable niche reasonably quickly I think it is quite possible that developers (especially those targeting businesses) ignore it completely and continue to develop desktop apps.
A significant number will be converted. Many will not be. I didn't wait for the Surface Pro because it is heavier and the battery doesn't last as long, besides, my laptop still works great. And the while the Surface RT doesn't cover everything, it can do everything I want when I am on the road.
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote