View Single Post
Old 09-12-2012, 03:18 PM   #146
foghat
Evangelist
foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.foghat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumIguana View Post
If you're making the claim for obsession, then please provide your definition of obsession. I see no indication of obsession. But if I am going home with someone I just met in a bar, it's probably not in my mind that this could be a beginning of a relationship, thus books wouldn't matter. Wouldn't matter to me, that is. My criteria for a one-night stand do not include being a reader. I don't know what the OP had in mind. I don't know that the OP had in mind a one-night stand, some people do go home with someone they met in a bar thinking that a relationship might arise. Doesn't see the best way to start a relationship, but that's none of my business. It is not for me to judge what value someone else must put on reading. People might make an excuse to leave for any number of reasons: dirty clothes all over the place, Pokemon posters all over the walls, pizza boxes strewn about the place, etc. If someone values reading more than I do, that is no indication of obsession.On the other hand, paying too much interest in other people's relationships, now that can be obsessive.
Come on, I had a smiley face. A little tongue and cheek here.

Maybe you can't officially label some as having a book obsession just because they bail (in the manner the OP did) on a one night stand after discovering there were no bookshelves in the guys house, it sure does have a similar type of smell though.

Last edited by foghat; 09-12-2012 at 03:29 PM.
foghat is offline   Reply With Quote