Thread: MobileRead February 2012 - Run-Off Vote
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2012, 07:18 AM   #66
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
I've made it to a third of the way through, and am abandoning Tender is the Night for the time being. I'm finding myself constantly thinking of books I want to read whilst reading this - not a good sign. I am also finding some of the narrative almost impenetrable, and have got tired of trying to work out which character is speaking, or who they are speaking about, and have even less interest in why they are bothering.

I hope to get back to it after reading something else, as I do want to meet the challenge, but for now it has defeated me, and I don't often give up on books...
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote