View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 12:17 PM   #35
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmacmart View Post
Totally guessing about the stealth - the Amazon announcement forced them to reconsider their marketing strategy (remember the Future Shop leak priced it at $249). So they couldn't do any pre-release information because they were busy changing horses in midstream and hadn't decided what their final game plan would be? (to mix metaphors)
The Future Shop announcement had various inaccuracies. The hardware was sealed with the FCC clearing. Did price change--maybe. FWIW, I did not see this on the Future Shop website when I checked about an hour ago. And now readers are available directly from Kobo, which should make it possible to sell it for less.

I saw a $129 Touch on the Kobo website, btw. That was also a pre-order, with the $139 one also on the site when I looked early this AM. Now only the $139 device is listed, so I would expect a price change for that model in about 10 days.
taming is offline   Reply With Quote