View Single Post
Old 08-01-2011, 12:22 PM   #39
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Do you think ADE can force companies for update their version of ADE on readers that are no longer being made? I doubt it. So I see ePub 3 as tanking because too many devices won't be using ePub 3. Of course, the publishers could sell and ePub 2 and an ePub 3 version.
It looks like there is consideration for using ePub 3 books on ePub 2 devices, and the reverse of reading old book with new devices. The standard doesn't address the second path but I would expect the device manufactures to do so. The whole idea of HTML is to ignore things you don't understand. That has been the philosophy from the beginning and it should serve ePuB well. The standard provides for the older toc.ncx continuing support and the ability to work without script support and most other things will fall into the ignore category.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote