View Single Post
Old 09-14-2009, 10:12 AM   #17
Slite
Icanhasdonuts?
Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Slite ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura 2nd edition, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moejoe View Post
The answer is easy, the future is Star Trek Look at that and I think you're basically looking at the same for technology. Discrete communication devices worn as part of clothing, tablet like, portable mutli-function information screens. Convergence is inevitable, a lot of people are already nearly there (I was one of them with my itouch for awhile and the more I think of it, the less likely I'll go for a single function device for my next reader). It won't take too much of a leap to have a portable device that does all what we need and can be wirelessly connected to peripherals such as screens, keyboards, HD's once we're back at home, thus eradicating the need for a desktop and a portable device.

The future is looking rather spiffy, old chap
I seem to remember watching a documentary a while back on how much of the tech we are using today has been derived from Star Trek. What with mobile phones etc etc

And I would love to have one of the tablet like thingys they use in Voyager for instance.

Which would probably be quite easy to accomplish. Touchscreen Oled anyone?
Slite is offline   Reply With Quote