View Single Post
Old 05-10-2011, 01:26 AM   #13
OtterBooks
Wizard
OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4, iPad Mini/Retina
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhartman36 View Post
I think this image says it all:

[IMG]
If this is really what Amazon has in mind (and again, I'd like to see it from a better source), then clearly someone at Amazon (which probably means Bezos) has lost their g**d*mn mind. It almost loses more rationality with every retelling.

The idea of a 180 degree viewing angle is particularly comical. Who in the hell cares if you can make out the screen when it's at eye level? Does anyone use a computer that way? Does anyone read that way?

Not to mention the fact that to me, Amazon coming out with a tablet makes about as much sense as Nike coming out with a brand of ballet shoes.
A 180 degree viewing angle does mean that there's a lot more wiggle room without quality degradation, so I can understand that.

Amazon seems to be in the business of doing things nobody expects, and pulling it off more successfully than anyone would figure. I suspect there's something up their sleeve here that we aren't counting on. Personally I have no interest in a tablet, but I'm intrigued by their vision. I think we're only seeing the tip of the iceberg with this company.
OtterBooks is offline   Reply With Quote