View Single Post
Old 04-13-2011, 11:35 AM   #10
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Format C: View Post
A Calibre plugin should be useful, I suppose...
Kovid worked in a change awhile back to the cover fetching (in the edit/download metadata process) using my tip above, but like all other things, it relies on Amazon not having a finicky day and the essential minimum metadata being correct in order to target the proper book.

As there are often multiple versions of some books, as well as books that are very similar but not the same, it would be cool to have a plug-in that could fetch thumbnails of potential matches so that one could choose the cover they want. Just like over on Goodreads, some of us want the one that matches the edition they have, but others (like me) want the one that they think looks best. For example, I have the ebook versions of the first few Dresden Files books, but I chose to use the covers from the Roc hardcover editions. Similarly, some of John Saul's works were re-issued with updated covers, but I prefer the original 80s MMPB covers when I can find them.

It would be nifty to have that process at least partially automated and accessible within my favorite software ever. (I spend too much time on Amazon as it is.) But then, I know little about Amazon's API and calibre's plugins so I could be asking for the moon and stars for all I know.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote