View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 03:39 PM   #14
ruth1304
Addict
ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.ruth1304 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Waiting for a kindle!
I think that what I've noticed about Discworld books is that so many people like them. My whole family reads and loves them and we're all very different people with very different reading tastes. I've met people who love sci fi and/or fantasy who love the discworld books and people who never read any sci fi or fantasy who read these and love them.

I heard Terry Pratchett once say that he wishes he hadn't set the series on the Discworld because the fact that it's on a strange world distracts people and gives them a false view of the books. I find them full of familiar people, and they point out the absurdity of human behaviour in what is generally an affectionate way.

I'd recommend you to try them, there's likely to be one that will capture your interest and then you'll want to read all of them!
ruth1304 is offline   Reply With Quote