View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 11:32 AM   #3
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
This is my favorite series of books, ever. the first few are sort of pantomimish, but the real development of characters and plot starts with Guards! Guards! and just gets better from there. I re-read them every year or so and now have them on my Kindle.

The series is about the inhabitants of the Diskworld, a flat planet carried ont he backs of four elephants, which in turn stand on the back of a turtle, the great A'Tuin. Any such world, of necessity is basically infused with a great deal of magic, and therefore almost all of the world is tied to the underlying magic field. Which does not in any way diminish the inhabitants' ability to act in typical human weird fashion.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote