View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 06:12 AM   #17
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by mukoan View Post
Yeah... I hear what you're saying. My first ebook experience was reading ereader db's on a palm tungsten t3, (or was it t2??? so long ago now ). It was very readable... no strain on the eyes at all... so long as I only read in dimly lit places (where the back-lighting of the screen actually benefited the experience). Anyway, since I got the 505 I've marveled at the fact that I could now read a digital book using my bedside lamp, or in the park... just like a real book. I think it would be a shame if that sort of "real book" flavor was compromised for the sake of giving these devices more functionality. I mean we don't crave extra "functionality" for real books. Why not keep these things simple too, and save or the cool tech tricks for devices like pda's and phones? I guess all the bells and whistles help companies push more devices off shelves... and I'm all for lifting the whole ebook industry more into the mainstream...

... I'm ranting aren't I

anyway... even though there's something nice about a zen like piece of gadgetry that does one thing, and does it well... it's sounds like the whole glare thing is a moot point with these newer touch-screen devices, which is good to hear.
No. You are not ranting. I am completely with you on the issue. Love my 505 without glare/touch screen, without built-in light etc. I would buy 8" PRS-8xx the next minute it were announced...
astra is offline   Reply With Quote