View Single Post
Old 12-31-2017, 02:36 PM   #1115
marceldallagnol
marceldallagnol began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Touch
Hi everyone!

I was wondering if there is anything else I can try before giving up on my Kindle Touch. I have followed most of the guides around here and Kubrick is the only tool that made a bit of progress. I'll try and give as much information as I can, but the problem is that I get stuck in the screen with the logo and the tree no matter how I boot it.

After I tried doing a factory reset from the settings menu on Kindle, it got stuck after rebooting. I tried doing a few hard resets, but the screen would just flash and go back to that. I charged it for a day, then tried following the simple debricking guide but couldn't get past the "Select Boot" part, since booting on USB Recovery mode didn't seem to have any effect. I thought USB Recovery wasn't even working, but, with Kubrick, even though the screen didn't change, it detected it and I could go past the first part of the debricking procedure (it also shows up as a HID on Windows, which doesn't happen if I do a hard reset). Same thing happens for fastboot: the screen is unchanged, but Kubrick seems to be able to work (also, following advice from someone here, I left it charging in fastboot mode for a few hours, but no change). I can go all the way through flashing the diags partition, and the screen flashes, but get stuck when I'm supposed input things on the Kindle in diags mode (since the diags screen doesn't show).

It seems, then, that my Kindle can boot in USB Recovery, fastboot and diags modes, but the screen is frozen. Is there anything at all left to try? Just to be clear, it seemed to me like a software issue, since all this happened after a failed attempt to factory reset.

Thanks a lot, and happy new year!
marceldallagnol is offline   Reply With Quote