View Single Post
Old 06-14-2009, 06:20 AM   #10
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
New Version 2.0

Well, I decided to come back to this, as I was never happy with the speed of the original epub on my PRS-505.

I went over the HTML to fix a couple of typos that had been pointed out to me, and I fancied up the chapter names a bit (eg: "1 Kings" becomes "The First Book of the Kings" in the text itself - not the TOC).

I also added a page break at EVERY chapter in the bible - and then told calibre to split the html file at every page break. This means the epub is made up of over a thousand TINY files (most <10 KB).
I then manually edited the TOC file to optimize the epub for speed.

The result of all of this is an epub KJV Bible that is lightning fast to navigate on a Sony PRS-505. As a bonus, just like the original, this epub Bible has multi-level TOC down to the chapter level.

I have updated the first post with the new version.

Note: Like the original, this epub Bible was created with the Sony PRS-505 in mind. As such, there are no links anywhere in the file for navigation purposes, as navigation is handled entirely by the menu system.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote