Thread: Boox Note Pro
View Single Post
Old 01-13-2019, 09:30 AM   #13
franzli
Addict
franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Onyx Boox T68 Plus
Concerning the question about computing power above, I can provide my experience with the Onyx Note (4 core) and the Boyue Likebook Mars (8 core).

First of all, a higher number of cores does not automatically mean more power, that's a fallacy that most advertisement makes much use of. To see the problem just compare a 4 core Intel Atom chip to any somewhat recent Core chip with two cores ( either any of the y series or of the U series up to 7th gen) and you'll see that in this case the 2core Core CPUs clearly outperform the 4 core Atom chips.

That said, on Geekbench the Onyx and Boyue devices get comparable results with a sought advantage for the 4core Onyx Boox Note actually! ( I reported my numbers in anther thread over here a while ago, it went up to about 2000 on multicore in ideal conditions, while the Boyue topped out around 1800, although the Onyx also often just gets something around the high 1800s).
In my experience, I'd also say that the Onyx feels a bit snappier in use, though that is not based on any particular measurements.
franzli is offline   Reply With Quote