View Single Post
Old 05-01-2018, 04:56 PM   #13
barryem
Wizard
barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.barryem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4
I have the Kobo Aura, also the pink one, as well as some Kindles and a new Nook. The screen on that Kobo isn't as sharp as my other readers and the light isn't nearly as even but when I read a book on it I forget about all that stuff. To me it's a perfectly good reader.

I have a neighbor with an H20, probably the first generation but I'm not really sure. It's screen is quite a bit better than the screen on my Aura but to me the main advantage of the Kobo, it's small size, is gone. I'm sure he wouldn't trade with me if I asked him to but I wouldn't trade if he asked me to either. I prefer my Kobo.

The differences are significant when you compare them side by side. The Aura screen just isn't as good. But it has very little to do with the reading experience.

However, I did recently buy the new Nook and a new Paperwhite even though I had the Kobo. To me the issue isn't so much should I as can I and do I want to.

Barry
barryem is offline   Reply With Quote