View Single Post
Old 11-29-2017, 11:49 AM   #5
tomwitt
tomwitt has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: nook color
Man, I could really use this kind of a plugin.

I'm trying to organize my audiobook collection and I've been using Calibre to get all the meta data details of the books then using a python script to clean up all the audio-file tags using the Calibre gleaned meta data.

I've added a few extra fields in Calibre (narrator, duration, number of files, uuid, audiobook reported date, etc) and the Import List plugin to create empty books for each audiobook directory and any meta data I can scrape from the audio file tags.

My original plan was to use the Calibre Content server then do a search on the UUID I create for each audiobook, but I have no idea how to scrape dynamic content produced by the Content Server (that's some seriously scrape resistant javascript).

For now, I'm exporting a CSV catalog file of the Calibre metadata then using that file to get the audiobook details during audio-file tagging.

Having a RESTful interface to get the specific Calibre book content given the UUID would be a nice thing to have.

Another nice plugin would be a way to programmatically add empty books into Calibre (for later Calibre clean up/look up).
tomwitt is offline   Reply With Quote